In a few months, the NTDS (Dutch Tournament for Dancing Students) will take place again! It is going to be a weekend full of ballroom and latin dancing, parties, (friendly) competitions, and getting to know other dancing students from the Netherlands. This year SDVN Dance Fever (Nijmegen) will organize this awesome event. They welcome everyone to ‘Slot Walshof’ (Castle Walz’or) and we will all be looking for the new heir to the throne.. This is your chance to become the great knight/princess/prince/king/queen/lady-in-waiting/court jester you’ve always wanted to be! (Link to their promotion video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFoMGLRdkSQ)
What can I expect?
Good question! NTDS is an event that takes place during an entire weekend. During the day you can compete in the latin and/or ballroom competition, and during the evening there will be time for free dancing and getting to know other dancers during the theme parties.
There are multiple levels in which you can compete:
– Beginners: for people who have less than a year of dancing experience – Breitensport: for people that have been dancing for over a year, but don’t have a lot of competition experience – Open Class: for dancers that often dance in competitions, or that were ranked 1st/2nd/3rd during the last few NTDS/ETDS.
You dance these competitions with the partner that you have signed up with, or with a partner that you meet during the blind-date evening on the NTDS. That’s right! You don’t have to have a partner to sign up. (Signing up with a partner from another association is also possible, let us know if you want to do that).
The NTDS takes place on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th of February 2019. The costs for the weekend are:
- Students €58,-
- PhD-students €63,-
- Non-students €73,-.
This will include your participation in the competition on Saturday and Sunday, your sleeping place, breakfast/lunch/dinner during the competition and a great weekend!
Would you like to join team Wageningen? Sign up with this link: https://goo.gl/forms/oLEdeqAsCWz0Jitg1
Good to know
NTDS is a really popular event which means that there are a limited amount of places for people to go. After you sign up with the form, we as team-captains, will sign you up for the raffle, and let you know when you have a place on the list!
– Sign up between right now and the 29th of November
– Wait for a confirmation email to hear if you’ve been placed
– If you’ve been placed, you have until the 21nd of December to pay for the NTDS. You can transfer the money to → Wageningen Ballroom Dance NL16INGB 0007 357 279 with the description of “Your name + NTDS 2019 + the merchandise you ordered”. Transfer the amount for participation + your merchandise.
– If you’ve not yet been placed, there will be a second raffle, so don’t worry
– Ask us (or the board) any questions related to the NTDS! If you want us to persuade you to join, if you want more details about the programme of the weekend, or if you want to hear stories about last year, we will be happy to share with you! 🙂
For more information on the NTDS, you can visit the official website of the event: https://ntds.dance/ (site is in Dutch, if you need help translating, let us know!)
We’re looking forward to build Team Wageningen! Let’s make it a great weekend! Lekker swingen, Wageningen!!